|Focus Area:||Turfgrass Science|
At Scotts Miracle-Gro we think people are like plants....in the right place you will grow and flourish. Are you an advocate of making the world a more beautiful place by inspiring others, championing new ideas and being intellectually curious? Are you not afraid to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty? If so, then we want you as part of our Scotts family… the world's largest marketer of branded consumer lawn and garden care products!
We’re looking for a Research Biology Intern (Turfgrass Science) in Marysville, OH!
Our internship program is designed to cultivate the professional growth of students through a dynamic work environment. Over the course of 12 weeks you will work on meaningful projects and have opportunities to learn from industry leaders. We are committed to your development but will also rely on you to bring new knowledge, new ideas and innovation into our organization!
The Scotts lawns product development team is looking for a self-motivated student interested in broadening their knowledge of turfgrass research. The intern will assist in the execution of field, greenhouse and laboratory experiments in support of new product development. Experiments will focus on turfgrass biology and fertility, water use efficiency, weed ecology, and herbicide/fertilizer interactions as related to management of weeds in residential turfgrass. The candidate should have some turfgrass experience and be enrolled in a university program studying Turf Science, Horticulture, Agronomy, or a related biological science. The Research Biology Intern’s primary responsibilities will include: assisting with preparing and maintaining field and greenhouse trial areas, preparing and applying experimental treatments, and collecting and entering experimental data.
In this role you will:
- Assist with set up and execution of turfgrass fertility, herbicide efficacy, and water use efficiency experiments under the direction of a Research Specialist.
- Record experimental results and enter data as directed.
- Maintain field trial areas and associated machinery.
- Site maintenance as required.
- Comply with company environment, health and safety policy and ISO procedures.
- Assist with various administrative support duties.
The perfect person will:
- Enrolled in a University or has recently graduated in a relevant biological science. This position provides a great experience for one pursuing a graduate degree in a Turfgrass related science.
- Ability to operate motorized lawn and garden equipment (mowers, utility carts, etc.)
- Attention to detail, accuracy, and basic math skills.
- Personal drive and ability to work unsupervised.
- Ability to follow work instructions and written experimental protocols.
- Good communication skills and ability to function as part of a team.
- Basic computer skills including use of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and email.
COME GROW WITH US, WHERE THE GRASS REALLY IS GREENER!
The Scotts Miracle-Gro Company (NYSE: SMG) is the world's largest marketer of branded consumer lawn and garden products, with a full range of products for professional horticulture as well. Scotts Miracle-Gro has helped to grow the nearly $7 billion global consumer lawn and garden market through product innovation, industry-leading advertising efforts and its trusted brands.
The brands and products within our portfolio include: Scotts, Miracle-Gro, Tom Cat, Ortho, Round Up, Bonnie Plants, Osmocote, Earthgro and Fafard.
Scotts is an EEO Employer, dedicated to a culturally diverse, drug free workplace.
EEO/AA Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Notification to Agencies:
Please note that the Scotts Miracle-Gro company does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Master Service Agreement, and specific approval to submit resumes to an approved requisition, the Scotts Miracle-Gro company will not consider or approve payment regarding recruiter fees or referral compensations.
Mike - firstname.lastname@example.org