The National Association of Landscape Professionals (formerly PLANET - The Professional Landcare Network) is the trade association for the landscape industry, representing the voice of more than 100,000 landscape professionals. Member companies specialize in lawn care, landscape design and installation, landscape maintenance, tree care, irrigation and water management, and interior plantscaping. Members also include students, consultants, industry suppliers, state associations and affiliate members.
They are the only national organization built by the collaboration of landscape and lawn care industry professionals, and are committed to helping their members achieve success. With a platform for growth founded on educational resources and peer-to-peer sharing on a national scale, they provide members with invaluable access to the best ideas and practices in the landscape industry. With deep relationships with legislators and policymakers, they are the voice of our members and the industry amid an increasingly challenging regulatory environment. With a focus on professionalism that is establishing the highest standard in the industry, we are driving consumer preference for our members’ services. The association administers the Landscape Industry Certified designation which is a benchmark for educational achievement for lawn care and landscape professionals.
The National Association of Landscape Professionals passionately advocates for the economic, social and environmental benefits of the landscape industry.
As an accredited school of this association, students are eligible for a complimentary one-year student e-membership and may join online free of charge.
- Discounts on select certification exams
- Electronic delivery of the Essentialsnewsletter and The Landscape Professionalbimonthly magazine
- Electronic delivery of membership mailings and brochures
- FREE registration to The annual conference
- Eligible for participation at The National Collegiate Landscape Competition
- Discounts on purchase of publications
- FREE posting of resume on the NALP job board
- Eligible for participation in the Foundation scholarship program
- Eligible for the student ambassador program
- Access to the "members-only" section of the association website as well as all resources in the resource center
Make an account with NALP and fill out this application.
Graduating students also are able to receive the New Graduate membership.
- Access to the association's network of more than 2,500 member companies-connecting you to the top companies and over 100,000 industry professionals nationwide
- Member pricing, plus an additional discount on select certification exams
- Discounts on more than 50 publications and other resources available in the bookstore, plus an additional 10% discount on study materials for Landscape Industry Certification exams
- Ongoing education through free, live webinars with industry experts and access to all the archived webinars for learning on demand
- An invitation to NALP's members-only LinkedIn discussion group
- Timely updates on industry news and information via electronic subscriptions to the bimonthly The Landscape Professional magazine, monthly Essentials e-newsletter, and weekly Landscape Industry NewsBrief
- The opportunity to meet prospective employers at the National Collegiate Competition Career Fair
- Significant savings on registration fees for all meetings and events, including 50% off the member rate for the annual conference where we feature the student/employer roundtable recruiting session
- Quick and easy access to members-only legal, HR, safety, government affairs and public relations advisers—great resources for starting a business
- Free one year résumé posting on the association job board
- Quick and easy access to 1,200 knowledge-building, industry-specific online resources
- Access to the "Members-Only" section of the association website
- Eligibility for the Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award
Dues: $75 for a one-year, individual membership.
Make an account with NALP and fill out this application