The National Collegiate Landscape Competition (NCLC) is an annual four-day competitive event that attracts hundreds of students majoring in landscape related programs from colleges and universities across the country. This event is held each March at a different host college or university.
Over 100 companies from all over the country participate in NCLC. Every one of them is looking for employees. We benefit from outstanding alumni who work for many of these companies. This is important when you consider that more than 65 colleges and universities also participate. If you choose to attend NCLC, you will be expected to represent the best of BYU in attending workshops, interviewing, competing, and making sure everyone has a great time. You will also be expected to actively participate in the club's main fundraiser, stadium cleanup, which funds a good portion of the trip.
The application for the 2019 event will open early December 2018. Check here for updates on registration dates. Turn in finished applications to room 2125 LSB.
If you are interested in submitting a T-shirt Design for the next NCLC event, follow the instructions here.
List of Events
- 3D Exterior Landscape Design
- Annual Perennial Identification
- Arboriculture Techniques- NOTE: There will be an online qualifying test prior to arrival.
- Business Management
- Compact Excavator Operation
- Computer Aided Landscape Design
- Construction Cost Estimating
- Exterior Landscape Design
- Hardscape Installation - NOTE: There will be an online qualifying test prior to arrival.
- Interior Landscape Design
- Interior Plant Identification
- Irrigation Assembly
- Irrigation Design
- Irrigation Troubleshooting- NOTE: There will be an online qualifying test prior to arrival.
- Landscape Lighting- NOTE: There will be an online qualifying test prior arrival.
- Landscape Maintenance Operations- NOTE: There will be an online qualifying test prior to arrival.
- Landscape Plant Installation
- Maintenance Cost Estimating
- Personnel Management
- Plant Problem Diagnosis
- Sales Presentation
- Skid Steer Loader Operation (formerly Compact Track Loader Operation)
- Small Engine Repair
- Tractor Loader Backhoe Operation
- Truck Trailer Operation
- Turf Weed Identification
- Wood Construction
- Woody Ornamental Plant Identification