In addition to academic qualifications, the following requirements apply to students from foreign countries:
- Language Test - All applicants whose native language is not English must fulfill at least one of the following qualifications: Total IELTS band score of 7.0 with at least a 6.0 in each moduleTOEFL score of at least 237 on the computer-based testTOEFL score of at least 580 on the paper-based testTOEFL iBT of at least 85, with minimum scores of 22 in the Speaking section and 21 in Listening, Reading, and WritingThese tests can be scheduled and paid for at www.ielts.org or www.toefl.org.
- Ecclesiastical Endorsement- International students are required to have an Ecclesiastical Endorsement.
- Registration requirements- International students are required to register for a minimum of 9 credit hours for both Fall and Winter semesters.
- Form 1-2 (if using a sponsor) - Financial Certification Form, found in the online application
- Credential Evaluation- An applicant whose degree is awarded outside of the United States must submit all official transcripts, diplomas, and mark sheets to one of the following agencies for a credential evaluation, which must include a comprehensive course-by- course evaluation and calculation of grade point average (GPA):
International Education Research Foundation, Inc. (IERF)P.O. Box 3665Culver City, CA 90231-3665 http://www.ierf.org
World Education Services (WES)P.O. Box 5087Bowling Green StationNew York, NY 10274-5087 http://www.wes.org
International students should keep in close contact with International Services, 1351 WSC, email@example.com, or 801-422-2695 while on campus.
I took the TOEFL 3 years ago. Are my scores still valid?
- No, your TOEFL scores can be no more than 2 years old from the start of the program (So if you are applying for Fall 2020 the latest acceptable scores would be from Fall 2018).
I took the TOEFL a long time ago and I have been working in the field for years. I think I am very proficient in the English Language. Do I really need to re-take the TOEFL?
- Yes, all International Students are required to submit an English Proficiency Exam Score with their application.
I graduated from an English-speaking university, do I need to take the TOEFL?
- Yes, our department requires that all applicants take the TOEFL if your first language is not English, even if you graduated from an English-speaking university.