To understand and encourage sustainability and reciprocity among all persons
- Understand and decrease environmental pollution.
- Measure and mitigate the effects of climate change.
- Characterize and conserve the Earth’s ecosystems.
- Inform, train, and enable as large a group as possible to address goals 1-3.
Values and approach
- A safe, efficient, and positive lab environment
- Clear protocols
- Consistent training
- Constructive lab culture
- Policies and values that support meaningful progress and growth
- Open to input
- Supportive of new ideas
- Attentive to needs
- A high level of accountability and productivity with a low level of stress and dread
- Bold initiatives and adaptive goals
- Frequent reporting and recognition
- Coordinated efforts and personal discipline
Share your gifts
There are so many urgent issues facing the human family right now, everything from widespread anti-science ideology to environmental pollution that kills 15 million people each year. We are just a small group of researchers, educators, and concerned citizens, but we believe that sincere and strategic efforts can make a difference.
Now ye may suppose that this is foolishness in me; but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass
This belief has been confirmed over and over again as undergraduates and graduates join the lab and change the world (and themselves). Whether it is developing a friendship with someone in need, presenting environmental research to a policymaker, or creating a new project or organization that changes how we interact with the world and each other, all your efforts are welcomed and valued here.
Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
We have some big goals, and we need students from every personal background and major. Thank you for taking the time to understand out values and mission. I invite you to join the lab today.