Shayna spent 8 weeks at XX working on the project: Cloning and Purification of regulatory protein PhoP of Mycobacterium tuberculosis H37Rv.
- Performed PCR and bacterial cloning.
- Learned how to utilize results from Sanger sequencing in analyzing samples in lab.
- Learned how to cast agarose gels, DNA PAGEs, and SDS-PAGEs.
- Performed a protein purification Ni2+-NTA agarose column
- Gained knowledge in processes involved in conducting research such as grant processing, and reviewing papers/articles from members of the lab