We have 4 trucks available; PW1, PW2, PW-2V, and PW8. Trucks can be used for research out in the field or for any other situation in which your supervisor gives you permission to take a truck. Here is what you need to know when checking out the department trucks:
- All truck keys are held by the secretarial staff. Dates of check out need to be written in the calendar found in the PWS Truck check-out Binder. Carolyn Hanson will need to approve the use of the truck if it is going to be gone for more than 3 days.
- You are responsible for tracking your miles while you use the truck.
- All trucks should be at least ¾ full of gas when you return it. You may fill up the tank at the BYU station using the blue key on the key ring. Or, you may fill up at the regular gas station. There is a department credit card found in a binder in the truck for your use. If you fill up at a regular gas station you HAVE to bring your receipts when turning in the truck keys. If you don’t bring in your receipts, it will jeopardize your future use of department trucks.
- When using the truck for field work, please make sure to wash and vacuum the vehicle at the BYU station (using the blue key on the key ring) upon the return of your vehicle.
- At the end of your trip it is very IMPORTANT you turn in a truck card giving us the details of your trip. These cards are also found in the Check Out binder.
- Let us know promptly if any accidents happen while you are in the possession of the truck. You will not be charged for any damage. A Risk Management form will have to be filled out and the truck properly repaired to insure the safety of other users.