Riparian Restoration Field Crew Member
Description: Work on a 4 to 5-person field crew focused on riparian restoration throughout the Palouse region. Crew members work a 40-hour week, Monday through Thursday, 10 hours a day. No holidays included. This is a full-time temporary (non-benefits eligible) position. Field season may run 6 months with potential to extend, depending on funding and work load. Applications will be reviewed beginning February 5th, and position will remain open until filled. Pay starts at $11.50 an hour.
• Work on all aspects of riparian restoration including but not limited to preparing, implementing, planting, and maintaining project sites; operating and maintaining hand tools and small engine machinery; harvesting plant materials and installing woody structures in streams
• Must possess a positive work ethic
• Work in all seasons, despite weather conditions
• Willingness to participate as part of team
• Ability to adapt and think independently in changing conditions
• Other duties as assigned
• Possess a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
• Ability to pass background check
• Physically able to work on steep slopes and rough terrain
• Physically able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
• Physically able to plant for extended periods
Why work for the Palouse Conservation District:
• Work with a team of natural resource professionals focused on local grassroots conservation efforts
• Non-regulatory boots on the ground work
• Work on a variety of conservation projects on private land
• Opportunities for professional development
• Gain valuable qualifications and job skills (e.g. first aid certification, streambank bioengineering, native and invasive plant ID, ATV certification)
• Up to two weeks of paid training time
• Crew members earn sick pay at the rate of 1 hour per 40 hours worked
• Performance based pay raises considered at 1 and 3 months
Crew members are supplied with personal protective equipment and field appropriate gear, such as waders and rain gear. Upon hire, crew members must supply their own work boots and come dressed for the job.
Submit applications to RandyS@palousecd.org, with subject line “Field Crew Position”. Include a letter of interest and resume. Incomplete applications will not be considered.