Open Until Filled
Ten 3-5 month positions to assist with fish culture duties, general maintenance, and grounds keeping at the Wyoming Game and Fish Department fish hatcheries and rearing stations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The listed functions are illustrative only and are not intended to describe every function which may be performed in the job level.
- Duties will include, but not be limited to, rearing unit cleaning, fish feeding, fish distribution and other fish culture activities.
- These positions will also assist with maintaining the grounds, equipment and buildings.
- These positions require working in various environmental conditions, using a variety of tools and equipment, and some heavy lifting may be required.
Preferences may be given to those with a high school diploma and one year experience in fishery and wildlife management or college course work towards a degree in fishery and wildlife management, biology, ichthyology.
Applicants should complete a State of Wyoming online application for which preference will be given to applicants who attach a cover letter and resume with their online state application. The cover letter should include the following:
- Career plans
- Suitability for the job
- Dates of availability (starting and ending dates are particularly important).
- Preference on location: Hatchery and Rearing Stations: Auburn Hatchery, Boulder Fish Rearing Station, Clark's Fork Hatchery, Dan Speas Rearing Station, Daniel Fish Hatchery, Dubois Fish Hatchery, Story Fish Hatchery, Ten Sleep Fish Hatchery, Tillett Springs Rearing Station and Wigam Rearing Station
**Must have a valid driver's
- Ability and knowledge of physical duties such as mowing, painting, and other grounds keeping and building maintenance duties.
None - See "Preferences"
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
- These positions require working in various environmental conditions, using a variety of tools and equipment, and some heavy lifting may be required
- FLSA: Non-exempt
- All new hires or rehires starting in a non-exempt position on or after January 1, 2018 are required to be paid hourly.
- Most of the positions will run from mid-May to mid-August, but one of the positions will start the beginning of May and run through the end of September.
- Housing is provided at most of the stations at no charge to the employee.
- No previous fish culture experience is required.
040-Wyoming Game and Fish Department - Fish Division
Click here to view the State of Wyoming Classification and Pay Structure.
The State of Wyoming is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively supports the ADA and reasonably accommodates qualified applicants with disabilities.
Class Specifications are subject to change, please refer to the A & I HRD Website to ensure that you have the most recent version.