Open Until Filled
This is a five month position that will assist with the propagation and release of Ring-necked pheasants, including maintenance of facilities and equipment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The listed functions are illustrative only and are not intended to describe every function which may be performed in the job level.
- Helps with the propagation of pheasants, including maintaining shelter and providing food and water.
- Monitors development of pheasants, including collecting and incubating of eggs, hatched chicks and medicates as needed. Helps maintain brood stock.
- Maintains buildings, grounds, equipment and vehicles and other assigned duties; assists other Department employees in the Laramie Region as needed.
- Give tours and provides information to public on development and operation of the Downar Bird Farm.
- Sorting, moving, loading and releasing pheasants.
- Able to work in a wide variety of weather conditions.
- Must be self starting and able to work alone.
Preference may be given to applicants with prior farm and ranch experience.
**Must have a valid driver's license.
- Skill in detailed observation and recognizing problems of animals.
- Skill in coordinating and completing multiple tasks.
- Skill in working with public.
- Skill in decision making and interpersonal relations.
- Knowledge and skills in carpentry, plumbing and vehicle repairs.
- Ability to operate farm machinery such as tractor, chainsaw, cement mixer, ATV, mowers and hand tools.
None - See "Preferences"
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Operate a 4-wheel drive vehicle loaded with pheasants in adverse weather and road conditions and with or without a trailer.
- Working varied hours, including some evenings, early mornings and weekends.
- Heavy lifting (50-80 lbs) and proper use of farm implements and other equipment.
- Will be exposed to a variety of pollens, feathers, bird dander, and plant material.
- FLSA: Non-exempt
- All new hires or rehires starting in a non-exempt position on or after January 1, 2018 are required to be paid hourly.
- Dates of employment will be April 1, 2018 through August 31, 2018
040-Wyoming Game and Fish Department - Wildlife Division
Click here to view the State of Wyoming Classification and Pay Structure.
The State of Wyoming is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively supports the ADA and reasonably accommodates qualified applicants with disabilities.
Class Specifications are subject to change, please refer to the A & I HRD Website to ensure that you have the most recent version.