Open Until Filled
The Habitat and Access Technician will perform a variety of land management practices associated with the development and maintenance of Wildlife Habitat Management Areas (WHMAs), elk feedgrounds and Public Access Areas (PAAs).
Positions will be located in Dubois, Saratoga and Cody Wyoming. Position is responsible for flood irrigation, farming, fence maintenance, maintaining roads, parking areas, hay sheds, irrigation systems, wetlands and other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The listed functions are illustrative only and are not intended to describe every function which may be performed in the job level.
- Irrigation – Flood and gated pipe
- Fence construction and maintenance – Wildlife and stock fence
- Farming – Plowing, discing, drilling, mowing, aeration
- Haying – Cutting, raking and bailing
- Operation and maintenance of farm equipment
- Weed identification and control
- Wetland management
- WHMAs and PAAs maintenance
- Provide outreach information and assistance to the public
- Work on other projects that improve or develop aquatic and terrestrial wildlife habitat within the state.
Preference will be given to those with farm or ranch background or experience related to range management, fish and wildlife resource management, habitat development or to those with a baccalaureate degree in wildlife management, range management, ecology, biology, zoology, or closely related field.
**Must have a valid driver's license.
- Knowledge and experience in farming
- Knowledge of wildlife management, natural resource management, range management, wetland management, and habitat management
- Must be able to effectively and safely operate trucks, trailers, heavy equipment, tractors, ATVs, power tools, and hand tools
- Skill in written and oral communication and in interpersonal relations
- Ability to work alone and exercise independent judgment
- Skill in organizing, planning, prioritizing, and managing time
- Ability to listen, be a team player and communicate with other employees and the public
None - See "Preferences"
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Extended stays in outdoors.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs
- Position will independently work outside in all weather conditions.
- Requires strength and stamina to work in extreme outdoor conditions and pack heavy supplies to remote locations.
- Must be able to effectively and safely operate trucks, trailers, heavy equipment, tractors, ATVs, power tools, and hand tools.
- FLSA: Non-exempt
- All new hires or rehires starting in a non-exempt position on or after January 1, 2018 are required to be paid hourly.
- Positions will be located in Cody (5/1/2018 thru 9/30/2018), Saratoga (5/1/2018 thru 10/31/2018) and Dubois (4/1/2018 thru 9/30/2018)
- Uniform, rain gear, and other necessary gear will be provided when in the field
- In addition to submitting the state application, please submit a cover letter which includes career goals and suitability for the job to Ray Bredehoft, Habitat and Access Branch Chief, 5400 Bishop Blvd, Cheyenne WY 82006 or email: email@example.com.
- CONTACT: For more information regarding this position contact Ray Bredehoft, Habitat and Access Branch Chief, at 307-777-4682
040-Wyoming Game and Fish Department - Services Division
Click here to view the State of Wyoming Classification and Pay Structure.
The State of Wyoming is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively supports the ADA and reasonably accommodates qualified applicants with disabilities.
Class Specifications are subject to change, please refer to the A & I HRD Website to ensure that you have the most recent version.
A complete listing of the State of Wyoming Classification and Pay Structure can be viewed at http://agency.governmentjobs.com/wyoming/default.cfm.
Dept. of Admin. & Information-Human Resource Div.
2001 Capitol Ave. Emerson Bldg. Rm 127
Cheyenne, WY 82002
Fax: (307) 777-6562
Class Code #ATTP99
Job # 07467
ATTP99-07467-HABITAT & ACCESS SPECIALIST (5)-STATEWIDE
The State of Wyoming is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively supports the ADA and reasonably accommodates qualified applicants with disabilities. No notice of eligibility will be sent to applicants who meet the minimum qualifications