Admission and Entry
Requirements for Admission include the following:
NEW ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS beginning Winter Semester 2011
- Applications for all Semesters must be received by February 1.
- Entrance examination: GRE Minimum score of 1050 with a minimum writing score of 4.0
- Prerequisite: Baccalaureate degree in plant science, environmental science, horticulture, wildlife/wildlands or related field.
- GPA 3.2 or above for the last 60 hours of upper-division coursework.
- Three letters of recommendation from people with some understanding of the applicant's abilities in relationship to the requirements of the graduate program.
- Professional experience in work, internships, or undergraduate research is highly recommended.
- No graduate candidate will be accepted unless he or she has a Departmental faculty member willing to serve as Major Adviser. Students are strongly encouraged to contact faculty members who might serve as potential advisers.
For International applicants, in addition to the above requirements:
- TOEFL minimum score of 580 (237 on the computer-based test), or TOEFL iBT minimum score of 85 (at least 22 in speaking and at least 21 in listening, reading, and writing), or IELTS total band score of at 7.0 with no band score below 6.0 on any module.
- An applicant whose degree is awarded outside of the United States must submit all official transcripts, diplomas, and marksheets to an agency for a credential evaluation, which must include a comprehensive course-by-course evaluation and calculation of a grade point average (GPA):
For additional resources on University admission procedures see: http://www.byu.edu/gradstudies/admissions/stepbystepinstructions.php