Admission and Entry
Requirements for Admission include the following:
NEW ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS beginning Fall Semester 2012
- Applications for all Semesters must be received by February 1. Applications must be 100% complete by the deadline or they will not be considered.
- Entrance examination: GRE minimum Overall score of 300, with a minimum writing score of 4.0
- Prerequisite: Baccalaureate degree in plant science, environmental science, horticulture, wildlife/wildlands or related field.
- GPA 3.2 or above for the last 60 hours of upper-division coursework.
- Three letters of recommendation from people with some understanding of the applicant's abilities in relationship to the requirements of the graduate program.
- Upload a scanned copy of your unofficial transcripts from each school attended, including BYU.
- Professional experience in work, internships, or undergraduate research is highly recommended.
- No graduate candidate will be accepted unless he or she has a Departmental faculty member willing to serve as Major Adviser. Students are strongly encouraged to contact faculty members who might serve as potential advisers. See Faculty pages within pws.byu.edu
For International applicants, in addition to the above requirements:
- TOEFL minimum score of 580 (237 on the computer-based test), or TOEFL iBT minimum score of 85 (at least 22 in speaking and at least 21 in listening, reading, and writing), or IELTS total band score of at 7.0 with no band score below 6.0 on any module.
- An applicant whose degree is awarded outside of the United States must submit all official transcripts, diplomas, and marksheets to an agency for a credential evaluation, which must include a comprehensive course-by-course evaluation and calculation of a grade point average (GPA):
For additional resources on University admission procedures see: http://gradstudies.byu.edu